Monday, February 06, 2006

Busiest Weekend Ever!

This past week has sucked so hard, it's not even funny. Well, funny in that, "I feel funny," sort of way. Where to start? Lets start with getting this work out of the way.

Topic One: Band
The band had some setbacks this week with the lack of time for me to put into the creation of more music and the weekday practice sessions with Circu$ Million$. The practice we had on Saturday was rough, needless to say. Joe met the drummer as well. He was throughly dissapointed with the lack of skill and also the short amount of time we had to play on Saturday because she had plans that didn't let us get to the last few songs. Ugh. So the drummer is in question right now. I asked her if she wanted a better CD to practice with and she replied that she probably won't have time to practice. (That was a really bad thing to say.) I've begun the search for a better drummer.
We also watched a documentary called "Dig!". It would be so cool to be in a band like that. Also, I used to dislike the Dandy Warhols, but now I hate them completely. The interviews with the members of the Warhols were the most infuriating scenes of footage I've watched in a long while. Pretention and art are not mutually inclusive but rather should be mutually exclusive, yet the public fails to notice. (Who am I to speak for the Public?)

Topic Two: Funeral
There were lots of people at the wake on Friday evening. There were lots of people at the funeral. Dave didn't realize that I was wearing what I was wearing and said that I needed to change quickly before the service started. I feel like, to a certain degree, I stood out like a sore thumb with my brown canvas pants and red plaid flannel shirt, which was my grandfather's. I don't have much more to say about the service or anything regarding this part of last week. There is a web site that will host the foundation deal.

Thanks to everyone for support.

Topic Three: My Sister's Return
Also on Saturday, my sister returned from her seven month tour of Europe. I got home late on Saturday night 'cause T-Rex and I were watching this horrible 80's B-movie on public access. It made watching "Coven" from "American Movie" seem to make more sense.
My first hello's were, "Welcome home stranger. Where are my presents?" Of course, she's thoughtful and had presents. I got a hand made backgammon board and a british candybar along with a sweet pair of boxers... Finnish boxers with Moomin on them.
There's also the invite to the Berkie at the end of the month. I'll probably go just to get the hell out of town and spend some time in the northwoods. I hear they have snow there.

Topic Four: Chicago Denizens
Kristin Sucks! Burn!!! Classic Burn!!! Yeah.

1 comment:

k.barrick said...

Hey!


You suck WAY more than I do!

And I've proven that statement incorrect SIMPLY by making it.