Thursday, February 02, 2006

Social role of the Smokie Treats

This is almost an interesting idea. This woman is on the radio and she's been talking about her book and there's almost this creepy parallel between her reviews on amazon and my interest in the program. At first it was intriguing and now it's getting more and more boring, but to say the least, it is a good mirror.

I've had people point out my social setting interaction skills, or better put, lack thereof, (but I'm not socially inept, it's more like I don't really care all that much about following convention.) They normally bring up the ones where I talk real low and don't make much eye contact and sit by myself and don't flit about and make a complete ass of myself in the showboat sort of way. (That's reserved for special drunken occasions or when I just feel like running my mouth in that satirical in an irony, "I'm making fun of you by aping and doing a better job of making myself look like an ass for real above and beyond your sorry attempt at being your dumb self.") Or perhaps it's more to do with a deepseeded lack of self-esteem. I learned about self-esteem in middle school health class. I thought it was a lame concept with a disconnected symbol and as relevant as it is for eleven year old children to know about their self-esteem and to understand how to weild it like a sword, slicing down all foes who would thus smite them of their own accord. Reveling in their successes with smokie treats pilfered from their fallen adversaries.

Now there is a social circle I understand. The smokers club. If you smoke, you know what I'm talking about. If you don't, then you'll just have to find out on your own. "That's a good smoker." Like that ferret that hides the empty cigarette boxes.

No comments: