Monday, February 20, 2006

Drone

A lazy filter hangs in the air today. Giants of industry and commerce steal seconds from me and I can only recall the discussion of satan and the dream stealers that occured on Saturday. Not really a discussion, more like a motivational exorcism of addiciton. Uplifting.

I put effort into creation. I have to put more that I am capable of into creating. What else is there to do. Passive entertainment is for the masses that care not to think active engagement. Sit do I and intake that which is my drowning folly.

Band practice worked well on Saturday as well. Joe doesn't like his melody on "Excuse me sir, can I have my soul back." I told him to give it time. No drummer and a handful of songs. We have time to work these things out. The problem with the drummer that I wasn't quite sure of it's source seems to be the lack of dedication to the idea of the band. Practice and insistence that her playing should be perfected in her own right. Not happening.

Quaking earth underfoot. Chronos and John Barleycorn. Where are the hours needed for those that have to work more?

No comments: