Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Sleep, My Old Nemesis

It's another messed up day at work with the damn software taking a crap, same time as it did yesterday. I've got to figure this out one of these days, a new program for us to use here. It wasn't going to happen today because I spent time not working reading RATYWT. This is just some downright upleft saturnalia for the mind.

Last night I actually got some sleep and only woke up once at two thirty. Eight hours is a long time to sleep.

The new amp showed up yesterday too. Hurray. Next practice is only eleven days away. Ugh. Can't wait that long. Still need to get a dedicated drummer and I haven't been looking too hard this last month. Something's got to give eventually, right? All I have to do is sit back and collect, right?

Can this one tired soul make it through the day and come up with a solution to the problems of the world. Like my truck was sprayed with snow plow spray this afterknoon. That's gotta stop. Stop. Stop. Never anytime to get down or stop. Keep this train rolling. I want to work on the trains some more. With my girlfriend and her two dogs. There's never enough time for grape soda either. Just stuck drinking the Mingus Dew. "Ahhhhhh... Mingus Dew."


I put this post up earlier today. It pales in comparison to a 5'4" 300# woman in an orange jacket waddling down the street saying, "Get your freak on. Everybody's getting their freak on." She's not singing. She's just saying it like a mother would say it to her children if they were misbehaving in public. "Johnny, stop picking your nose!" or "Jardine, get that lightbulb out of your brothers mouth! I don't care if I told you to put it in there! Get it out!!!"

Get your freak on. Everybody's getting their freak on. What does that even mean?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI zach--That is fucking hilarious about the fat woman! :) Your blog is funny... :) I will call you soon--I just had the worst massage experience ever...

Ummmm... the massage started by the client saying, "so I had a dream you were massaging me topless" It went well! then the naked guy wouldn't leave! UHG!

k.barrick said...

Jardine! JARDINE! TAKE YOUR BROTHER OUT OF THAT DRYER! I DON'T CARE THAT HE SAID HE WAS COLD, TAKE HIM OUT!

DON'T JUST LEAVE THE DRYER OFF, YOU'RE WASTIN' MY ENERGY. TURN IT BACK ON. NO! NOT WITH YOUR BROTHER INSIDE! I DON'T CARE IF HIS CLOTHES ARE WET.

WELL WHO LET HIM GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE WELL?

THAT'S RIGHT. AND I'LL PUT HIM DOWN THERE AGAIN IF HE LETS YOU HOOK HIM UP TO THE CAR BATTERY AGAIN!