Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Big ol' crybaby

I was listening to Cloud Cult last night on my way home from the gym and about broke down into tears. Something about these lines:

It's the thoughts that you feed.
It's the habits you need.
It's the things that you don't think that you're seeing (When you're really seeing).
It's your tongue in my mouth.
It's the things that we're too scared to talk about.
It's the feeling that you're dreaming (But you're not really dreaming).
It's the feeling that you're falling (But there's a fine line between falling and flying).
It's the feeling that you've lost it (Why don't you get it?)
That man jumped out the window (Come back in the window).

Running with the theme of the last post and all...

Then I was watching the Series Finale of Home Movies. Just about started crying again. It's got way to many memories attached to it. Graduating. Having Kristin watch it on the replay at 3am. Just sitting there realizing that it was over. I started watching that show my first year in Montana. It was over my last year in Montana.

BUT...

I ran into my bosses daughter this morning. She and I chatted over a scone at the farmers market. She said that I should apply for the job with epic. I'd make more money, have benefits that are better than a flexible schedule. I could afford a real amp. I could afford a practice space. I could afford a G5 and other assorted recording studio type hardware. I'll give it some time and mull it over for once I get back from my escape into the realms of temporary homelands. (It was a good book but also just a dry read. It's effect was similar to reading the Lord of the Rings. All I want to do after I read those books is just get in my truck and drive. I don't care where, just far. Off to the petrified forest in AZ, or up to AK, or just to Black River Harbor.)

Someday. Someday soon.

No comments: