Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fighting with rubberbands and bandanas

I've had four conversations with four people in the last three days that have been the highlight of each day and somehow I've managed to use those discourses in a way that keeps me going.

(You can throw rocks)

I called Kristin to make plans for going to Chicago to be a guest on her radio program. Travis and I are planning on making a day of it. I know Kristin will be singing (fiona apple) inside when she reads this. We talked about a lot of things but talking to her is always a good thing. She knows how to ask the questions and help me not only analyze my motives, but also understand my progress.

(From your house of glass)

I ran into my bosses daughter on the sidewalk on the way to work. She works a scant few blocks away from each job and takes the bus so sometimes I see her when I'm walking to/from one of my jobs. She bought me a scone and we chatted about stuff. She really encouraged me to apply for a job at Epic saying that she thought it would be a perfect fit for me (less the longer commute, and if anyone knows about long commutes, Clyde Park, MT to Big Sky, MT is about as long and as beautiful a commute that anyone would want. 70 miles one way, over a pass and through a long, winding canyon.) She should know since she worked there as an assistant for the CEO of the company. (Great reference to put on the resume, too.)

(It's no skin off of my ass)

Last night I talked to Travis about the plans to go to Chicago, my frustration with my desire to sabatoge the band and move back to Montana by accusing Joe and him of not caring enough about the band, and what I've been working on in light of our business plans for the summer. All in all, I need to spend time with Travis in order to keep myself focused on the reason why I think this band is worth it above any other band I could be a part of.

(My sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet ass)

This morning I ran into a woman at the coffee shop who I used to see on a more regular basis when I would hang out there in the afterknoons in my un-employed days last spring. She's an artist and she and I were catching up a little bit. She asked me if I was still thinking about law school and I said no. She then went on to tell me I was too nice to be an Attorney. I think it was more my inability to take a side in an argument that wasn't contrary to everyone else's. "Client? What client? They're both guilty... if being sexy is a CRIME!"

What? Oh, wait, so she gave me this book about procrastinating, being a pro artist, and said that I should read it. I started reading it and there was too many things that I wanted to put up on this site. I stopped myself from doing that. If you wanted to know any of the insightful stuff I gleaned today, you would be elsewhere.

So then, while tracking down some dude (according to the documents I have to serve upon him, he isn't good at keeping spoken contract agreements) I kept thinking that I was wasting time trying to find this guy and I should be working on my music. Sum of the story, I'm impatient and scatterbrained.

Speaking of which, Thom Yorke is in the works of a solo album.

2 comments:

k.barrick said...

The blue blog is new... right?

And wow. You put up an entry full of movement and promise only to end with a frickin THOM YORKE SOLO ALBUM NOTE?

Along the same lines, there's a new brand of razor blades coming out that have ergonomically designed handles. And there's gonna be a coffee table book with pictures of musicians who've commited suicides along juxtaposed with statements of their networth AFTER their deaths.

And other depressing thing. :)

So far in the internship, I've been called a cunt 3-5 times and a "hole" two times. And a guy wanted to see my blood on his dick.

Three cheers for talk radio! One! Two! Three!
Yea!!

(give ya 5 dollars for getting THAT reference)

k.barrick said...

So, shall we take bets on how long I'll last on the show?

And I'm convinced that I don't know how to use the 2nd mic in the studio. I don't think it was on. And I don't know how to TURN it on.