Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Prediction

I know that this is not funny for everyone else but eat it.

I have seen this man from time to time getting on the bus in the mornings while I'm driving to work. Not anything to remember about him. Just another dude getting on the bus to go to work. I didn't even start to notice him until a few weeks ago when I was walking on the square and saw this man scurry-ing to get his... well actually, it was more like waddle-ing... to get his ass on the bus before it pulled away and made him wait for the next one (which I believe was only a fifteen minute wait.) It was delightfully amusing for me to watch this man so uncoordinatedly propel himself that I made a mental note to post about it, but I felt guilty about finding it funny, and then I felt that all three readers would be offended, and then I thought that it was just downright mean. ... Screw that shit! Screw you for thinking I can't laugh at someone who looks funny running, albeit due to morbid obesity.

So I did post the story about it. And you know, it's not interesting for me to tell it and I'm certain you were bored reading it. I should have kept that little gem to myself.

But yeah, now I see him all the time and I can't help but laugh a little, on the inside anyway.

How bout this one instead.

I was waiting for my ride yesterday afterknoon (lousy Truck is in the shop again for the same lack of fuel to the carborator problem that was supposed to be fixed by the new fuel filter/new feul pump that was put in last month) and I saw about twenty squirrels running around on the capitol lawn. It made my day to watch them scamper and chase each other from tree to tree.

Okay? Better?

Now. I am working on a case for my $40.00, 1/2-size, acoustic, nylon string guitar. It's essentially a prototype for the case I'm going to make for my electric. The beauty of it is that I can probably crank out ten cases and sell them as hand-built custom guitar cases. $200 a pop and pretty soon (ten years from now,) I've got some extra cash to spend on hash. But then those squirrels will just end up stealing them and using them for sleds.

2 comments:

Dean ASC said...

I believe we have a moral obligation to laugh at the obese when they do anything other then exercise. Then we should encourage them. And midgets. Midgets = monkeys on the hilarity meter.

RicketyFunk said...

Moral obligation? I guess so. There's always a part of me that feels guilty about it though. Maybe it's because I fear that I'll be like that some day.

The best part is, is that on those home video shows, the funniest ones, aside from the Nut Shot, is when something happens to a fat person, like the para-sailing woman who gets drug off the dock into the water. It would be funnier if it was a midget.