Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Early Start to the Day

I had this moment of glee this morning as I pulled into the coffee shop parking lot. On the front page of the WI State Journal is this wonderful photo of some children in a garden. But the Headline was what made me laugh. "I'm all for saving the environment," but that's just taking it a little to far. Jesus was way more political than you.

I worked out the mix of Joe's vocals on "I'm an American" last night. It was a pain realizing that I need to construct an isolation booth and get some sweet headphones that don't allow sound to escape. I kept hearing this ring from the drum track he was listening to through them mixed in with his vocal part. It's indiscernable once the rest of the music is mixed in but it keeps me from running compression on that track. Anyway. It translated into a lot of cleanup between phrases. I slapped a tremelo on his guitar part, rewrote the sampled drum parts a few times and decided to mix that after I get the bass part recorded. So all that's left is a tasty bass part and then cleaning up "America's Song" and then writing a transitional piece, somehow using the national anthem and (Buckshot go) Boo-yah!!! (It's a Psychobetabuckdown, Baby!) The last track of the EP will be completed. (pending discussion in the next band meeting)

I also bought my ticket to MT for the 4th of July. I can hardly wait. I leave Madison at 12:45am and get into Livingston at 2:55am. I don't have a long layover in Billings though. I really feel as though I'm missing out if I don't get to spend a quality 4-5 hours sitting in downtown Billings in the middle of the night getting propositioned by shellshocked old men to use some meth or lectured by denture removing, pain pill popping hippies on the oldest religion in the world. Cuthluh? Yeah.

3 comments:

k.barrick said...

"Kristin's real blog?" Really? Really?

And I even started writing on mine again.

I had a dream of going back to Livingston. Tried to find John. That's all I can remember... or that was worth remembering.

:P You tripped on a chain. HA-HA!

RicketyFunk said...

Trying to find John isn't that hard. Just look in a restaurant and you'll find him. He never was good at cooking for himself.

Yes, really. I laugh and think of you everytime I read the entry's.

There was a Aqua Teen special on earlier this week and Master Shake says, "Nice match cut." I though of you as I was laughing.

k.barrick said...

Lol. Laugh it up buddy boy. Pipe bomb coming in the mail.

And yeah, I'm actually posting again. So that makes me special.... just like all the other thousands of bloggers.