Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More musings from the post hangover

I learned a new word. Skototropism. I really like that word.

I have ideas spinning in my head. The Isthmus is running their "best of Madison" again. I felt like voting but decided it didn't matter one way or the other. Most of the time I don't even care.

Favorite place to buy coffee? Coffee Crossing isn't even in Madison. Flavorite place to Ski? Big Sky. Favorite place to see outdoor shows? Pine Creek. I'm not meant to be here in Madison.

Skototropism.

(There's the link. Sheesh. Learn to do your own legwork. Lazy lazy lazy.)

4 comments:

k.barrick said...

Boo-hoo. Zach sad. :(

No, I get it. Have similar feelings for places back in MT.

Always have the notion floating around my head that the feeling's just a different version of "trying to find family/remember a home" from Garden State.

And my phone's the same number. Cancelled the older one that I had in MT. The one identical to John's. Which he then made me show him how to use it. The blue one.

BTW, I got chastised for lighting incense in my room (no smoking in the summer dorms apparently). The SPA (Summer RA) told me the smell floats around the whole floor and everybody smells it. And since we're not allowed to burn incense, I should "take that into consideration."

So tonight? I'm cooking onions. That I don't even plan on eating tonight. Got a few HEADS of garlic that I bought when coming down with a cold... might sautee that for the whole weekend.

No reason for it, of course. Certainly not to passively aggressively point out the hypocrisy of a policy that I don't think even exists. They don't want my room to smell like lavendar? It'll smell like onions.

Anonymous said...

that sucks, all i wrote. i fucked up little baby. all this shit i wrote. oh well.

it all stinks back there. from MT, WY IA..... well i guess your state just smells like cheese, or jack daniels.

i miss you so much. i love you.

d

Anonymous said...

i miss you every god-damn day . zach

k.barrick said...

Um... anonymous?

You're a little fucked up.

And IA? You.. uh, mean ID?